Replacement Window Manufacturers
We research the best window manufacturers and install and service only the best window products available on the market. Click-through on the links below to see the manufacturer’s website and product lines.
How to Choose the right Replacement Windows
Give your home a brand new look and increase energy efficiency with beautiful new windows from Ronafa Window & Door. Our wood, vinyl, or composite windows will complement your current home design and increase curb appeal. Below, we’ve outlined five steps to finding the right replacement windows for your home.
1. Replacement Window Styles
First, you’ll want to select a style. Keep in mind, you can often pick a style that is more aesthetically appealing than your home’s existing windows. Here are just a few of the window styles we carry:
- Bow and bay windows
- Garden windows
- Single and double hung windows
- Slider windows
- Picture windows
- Casement windows
- Awning windows
- Hopper windows
- Architectural shapes
- Custom window glass, color and grid options
2. Replacement Window Energy Efficiency
The energy efficiency of a window contributes directly to the comfort of your home’s interior as well as your heating and cooling costs. Most of the windows we sell are ENERGY STAR rated (which can sometimes qualify you for a tax credit). They are also rated by the NFRC (National Fenestration Rating Council). The NFRC is a third-party, non-profit organization that administers the only uniform, independent rating and labeling system for the energy performance of windows, doors, skylights, and attachment products. They use the following four specific points to measure a window’s energy efficiency:
- U-Factor – The lower the U-Factor, the better the window’s overall thermal performance. The glass package, the window’s material, and its components all affect this rating.
- Solar Heat Gain Coefficient – A measurement of how well a window product blocks heat caused by sunlight. The rating is a number between 0 and 1. The lower the number, the better (meaning there is less solar heat transmitted through the window).
- Visible Transmittance – A measurement of how much light comes through the window. Expressed as a number between 0 and 1, the higher the number, the better on this one.
- Condensation Resistance – A measurement of how well the window resists condensation on the glass. Again, the higher the number, the better.
Watch the fun Youtube video below to see a quick explanation of this rating system:
Window Air Infiltration
In addition to the ENERGY STAR and NFRC ratings, the Soft-Lite windows we install have a fifth measure of energy efficiency. Air Infiltration measured in cubic feet per minute or CFM measures the amount of air that leaks through a window under pressure from a 25MPH wind. The industry standard for Maximum Allowable Air Infiltration is .30 CFM (about 2.25 gallons) per minute. A traditional vinyl replacement double-hung window allows about .15 CFM of leakage. However, our popular Soft-Lite Barrington windows only allow .07 CFM of leakage, roughly twice the efficiency of most high quality windows! To help visualize this important measurement of window energy efficiency, take a look at the graphic below.
3. Window Materials & Build Quality
Our window products are made from only the finest materials, including solid multi-chambered 100% virgin vinyl, oak, cherry, mahogany, and pine woods. Windows from Ronafa Window & Door combine aesthetic appeal and energy efficiency that will improve the look and feel of your home. Robotic equipment ensures consistent, reliable quality from window to window that are guaranteed to last.
4. Window Warranty
You should only choose a window that comes with a warranty that guarantees the investment you’ve made. The industry leading Lifetime Window Warranty that every one of our windows comes with, covers the glass units, all moving parts and screens. It guarantees that your window investment will not rot, rust, warp, pit, corrode or blister, and that the vinly colors will remain true for the life of your home. Optionally, you can get a lifetime glass breakage rider for extra peace of mind.
5. Replacement Window Contractor
Choosing a window contractor doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are a few things to consider when looking to hire an experienced window contractor:
- How long have they been in business? Our company has been providing quality craftsmanship in Lancaster county since 1992 with hundreds of satisfied customers.
- Are they BBB (better business bureau) accredited? Check out our BBB profile.
- Licensing, Bonding and Insurance. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured. Feel free to look up our PA Home Improvement License PA031375 and be sure to ask for our insurance/bonding information when we provide you a free in-home estimate.
- Referrals and Reviews. Be sure to ask the contractor if they can provide a few references. Check Google and Angie’s List for reviews as well.
- Compare Pricing and Features. Now that you know the features you are looking for in a window, you can get quotes from several window contractors and make a direct comparison to find the best value for your window replacement project.
Call us today for a free estimate and to learn more at: (717) 733-7534